Windlift's mission is to produce energy for a sustainable civilization, which we believe is the defining challenge of our time. Our approach harnesses wind energy using 90% less material than traditional turbines and will cut the cost of wind energy in half. We have successfully demonstrated the core technology and are expanding our team to:
- Produce a fully functioning tech demonstrator
- Develop a production-ready design for our early-adopter government customers
- Design, build, and test a commercial offshore system
If you are passionate about our mission and want to join a team developing technology with the potential to produce scalable, low-cost sustainable energy, we’d like to talk with you.
Windlift is hiring multiple electrical technicians. The manufacturing team is responsible for collaborating with the engineering team to improve manufacturability through all stages of development and will then manufacture those designs into finished, ready-to-fly airborne power generators.
As an electrical technician, you:
- Have experience with soldering, crimping, and other electrical assembly tasks,
- Have experience building wiring harnesses to print,
- Have strong attention to detail,
- Have experience with maintaining a safe, efficient, and clean working environment,
- Excited to work on difficult problems, build cool things, experiment at the edge of what is possible,
- Love to learn new skills, and share your experience,
- Look forward to working with a diverse team of engineers, builders, dreamers, and doers.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have certification or formal education in circuit board assembly (surface mount and/or through-hole),
- Have experience with building assembly aids for wiring harness fabrication,
- Have experience with laser cutting,
- Have experience in the automotive or aerospace Industry,
- Have experience troubleshooting electrical systems with oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.,
- Have experience with composites manufacturing,
- Have machining, welding, and test fixture design experience.
This is an incredible opportunity to join Windlift at an inflection point in growth and make a real contribution to our mission of producing energy for a sustainable civilization.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to drive innovation, make better decisions, and accomplish extraordinary things.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits are provided. Windlift is located close to Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Research Triangle Park, NC, all of which are great places to work, live, and play.