How it works
Windlift Airborne Power Generation Systems
Windlift's Power Output capabilities
High Altitude Capture
Windlift’s Airborne Power Generation (APG) Systems harness energy from consistent, high-velocity winds due to their high operating altitude and unique aerodynamics.
Windlift’s Wing flies at up 400ft.
Windlift APG Systems operate beyond the limitations of traditional wind turbines or solar and produce up to 15kw per unit, anywhere in the world, in almost any weather condition.
Windlift’s APG Systems operate much like the blade of a wind turbine, but without the tower and supporting infrastructure. As such, they can capture the same energy with less than 10% of the material.
Windlift’s APG Systems store the power produced in a ground battery system backed up by a small generator, ensuring continuous output. This allows Windlift’s systems to stay small and mobile so that power generation needs can be met anywhere at any time.
A persistent Airborne platform
Persistent Airborne Platform
- Operates indefinitely. Never requires fuel or batteries.
- Can carry payload(s) up to 10 lbs. allowing the quick mounting of surveillance and communication equipment.
- Fully autonomous flight and operation.
- Can operate continuously for 5 years without maintenance.
- Deploys rapidly.
- Operational in 30 minutes or less.