Windlift's mission is to produce energy for a sustainable civilization, which we believe is the defining challenge of our time. Our approach harnesses wind energy using 90% less material than traditional turbines and will cut the cost of wind energy in half. We have successfully demonstrated the core technology and are expanding our team to:
- Produce a fully functioning tech demonstrator,
- Develop a production-ready design for our early-adopter government customers, and
- Design, build, and test a commercial offshore system
If you are passionate about our mission and want to join a team developing technology with the potential to produce scalable, low-cost sustainable energy, we’d like to talk with you.
We’re hiring a controls engineer that will focus on the development of a very power dense DC-DC converter. You:
- Have a MSEE with 2+ additional years of experience in industry or academia.
- Have a specific interest in power-dense DC-DC converters utilizing SiC or GaN.
- Possess strong skills in control theory and signal processing, with specific expertise in the control of AC motors, DC-DC converters, or DC-AC converters.
- Have proven experience in embedded programming (e.g. C language).
- Have extensive experience with PSIM.
- Have experience implementing control code and testing with embedded microcontrollers (For example TI microcontrollers).
- Have a good understanding of modulation schemes.
- Are comfortable designing and safely working with voltages up to 800V.
- Are hands-on, able to design, build, and troubleshoot in a fast-paced environment.
- Love to work on difficult problems, build cool things, experiment at the edge of what is possible, learn new skills, and share your experience with the team.
- Look forward to working with a diverse team of engineers, builders, dreamers, and doers.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have experience with communication protocols such as UAVCAN, CANopen, or RS 485.
This is an incredible opportunity to join Windlift at an inflection point in growth and make a real contribution to our mission of producing energy for a sustainable civilization.
We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to drive innovation, make better decisions, and accomplish extraordinary things.
Medical, dental and vision benefits are provided. Windlift is located close to Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Research Triangle Park, NC, all of which are great places to work, live, and play.