Windlift is hiring a Proposal Manager to join the Business Development team. The Business Development team is responsible for tracking Government needs (from Department of Defense, Department of Energy, NASA etc. Broad Agency Announcements (BAA), open calls and networking), generating proposals to solve those needs, securing funding from SBIR, RIF and other sources, negotiating statements of work with technical and program management counterparts, and managing the relationship with all stakeholders. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for coordinating, producing, submitting and tracking requests for information (RFI), requests for proposals (RFP), and similar proposals — on time, compliant with regulations and filing requirements, and with input from the full team.
As the Proposal Manager, you:
- have 10+ years of government proposal, contracting, pricing and/or project management experience.
- have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Business or Engineering (preferred).
- take ownership — interested in managing the full proposal lifecycle from early prospecting and kick-off meetings through proposal submission, contract negotiation, and beyond.
- are collaborative — experienced in managing across multiple teams of engineers and other stakeholders to gather and integrate technical information, project plans and budgets.
- are organized — able to develop and leverage databases, dashboards and other tools (MS Project, MS Planner) to facilitate all aspects of proposal writing.
- are punctual — able to set a schedule and manage others to hit deadlines.
- are detail oriented — able to manage numerous, complex and, at times, conflicting requirements of the various proposal channels.
- can work remotely, but are available to travel (<10%).
- Love to work on difficult problems, build cool things, experiment at the edge of what is possible, learn new skills, and share your experience with the team.
- Look forward to working with a diverse team of engineers, builders, dreamers, and doers.
- Required: US Work Authorization.
The ideal candidate will also:
Start date: June 1, 2021.
This is an incredible opportunity to join Windlift at an inflection point in growth and make a real contribution to our mission of producing energy for a sustainable civilization.
Competitive salary, medical benefits, 401(k), disability/life insurance and other benefits provided. Will consider relocation for well qualified candidates. Windlift is located close to Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Research Triangle Park, NC, all of which are great places to work, live, and play.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!